|What is IDTRAK™?
IDTRAK™ is a DNA banking system designed for livestock owners.
All animals have a unique genetic profile. IDTRAK™ allows livestock
owners to maintain that unique genetic profile as a historic record.
These records can be needed for a variety of situations where you
need to trace the identity or parentage (family tree), breed or
association registration, trace back due to later event (sales,
siring, disease, or reproduction issues) or even to use for future
genetic testing. Right now, genetic companies are working hard
to discover genes that affect economic traits in livestock, such
as meat quality, disease resistance, reproduction, and others.
If you buy or sell valuable animals, you may want to use IDTRAK™
to determine some of the following:
- Did I receive the exact animal I intended to buy?
- Can I prove that I delivered the exact animal that was purchased?
- Can I demonstrate that a specific purchased animal was responsible
for introducing a problem into my herd?
- Can I defend the animal I sold was not the source of the problem?
- Which bulls are efficiently
producing offspring and which arent?
Where did the offspring obtain those traits?
- Who were the sire and dam?